Posted by Todd Hartley | February 22, 2016
According to a Vidyard survey, 44% of video marketers cite “lack of an effective strategy” as their #1 obstacle to success.
He shares why we start every project with strategy, how to choose the right type of video for your goals, and how to structure a video to keep your viewers engaged.
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download this episode to your device.(right click and save)
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- The areas most marketers struggle with video, and how to deal with them
- The importance of practicing sound content marketing fundamentals when you’re producing videos, such as the buyer’s journey
- How to produce videos for each stage of the buyer’s journey
- Why you need to view video through the lens of copywriting
- How to create an emotional reaction that moves your viewers to act
- Why you should focus on creating videos that fit into your current sales and marketing process, as opposed to starting a new tactic
- Why you need to know how you’ll use a video before you create it
- What to do if your target customers don’t realize they need your solution
- How to build an audience, even if your product isn’t sexy
- How motion can be used to maintain viewer’s attention
- How to choose the right video hosting platform for your videos (YouTube vs. Vimeo vs. Wistia vs. Vidyard, etc.)
- How to find out which prospects are watching your videos
Links & Resources
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.
Latest posts by Todd Hartley (see all)
- Censorship, Bad Data, and the Future of Video in 2017 (ep. 57) - January 10, 2017
- My Video Marketing Resolutions for 2017 (ep. 56) - January 3, 2017
- The Smartest Video Marketing Trends in 2017 - December 28, 2016