Let’s face it. Running a video ad campaign can feel scary, especially if you’ve never done it before. You’re hoping to find that winning ad, but results aren’t guaranteed.
So, is there a smart way to approach it?
Greg Jarboe, co-founder of SEO-PR, wrote an insightful post on Tubular Insights about the Greek yogurt brand, Chobani, and how they achieved viral success with their recent video ad campaign.
There are a few lessons we can learn from Chobani, who amassed 21.9 million views and 400,000 engagements.
Here’s what they did…
Instead of playing it slow and testing one ad at a time, they ran 12 different ad campaigns with 8 different partners.
This allowed them to collect exponentially more data in a shorter amount of time, and find the one ad that resonated most with their market, which happened to be a 90-second video showing you how to make different banana berry dishes with their yogurt.
The bottom line is this: run series of little tests often, see what yields the best results, and then do more of what worked.
If you want to learn more about how Chobani used “micro-testing” to generate 21.9 million views, plus the latest news in digital marketing, then you won’t want to miss this podcast episode!
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- Why you shouldn’t be afraid to niche down if you want more search traffic
- How mobile is conditioning users to use their devices
- How Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) are helping make mobile web faster
- Google’s search app is introducing a feature that will keep users browsing the web
- How Apple responded to ad group’s criticism of Safari cookie blocking
- Why YouTube refreshed their logo for the first time in 12 years
- How Chobani used sponsored videos to generate 21.9 million views
- How the Boston Red Sox used Apple Watches to steal signs against Yankees
- What the upcoming NFL contract renegotiation means for social and TV networks
- Why USC still runs LA, despite having both the Rams and Chargers
- How Dennis Rodman is offering to broker peace between North Korea and the U.S.
- Facebook’s new lifestyle templates and what that means for print catalogs
- How fake Russian accounts bought $100,000 in Facebook Ads during the 2016 election
- Why a recent study showed 40% of Facebook ads to be completely meaningless
- How Kate Middleton sidestepped the mainstream media to talk about mental health
- How to use Facebook video ads to move people through your sales funnel
Links & Resources
- Todd and dad at the Ohio State vs. Army football game
- Todd’s 3D Face
- SB Nation Tweet
- Gain access to our free Video ROI mini-course by signing up here
- Pitch us a question that we can answer in a future podcast episode
- See what a @WireBuzz production looks like by following our crew across the country on Instagram
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.