How To Overcome Adversity When It Comes Looking for You (Ep. 218)
by TODD HARTLEY, on Dec 11, 2019 2:51:00 AM
“There is [nothing] better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time.” - Malcolm X
Adversity is inevitable. What matters is how you respond.
My good friend, entrepreneur, and sales training expert, Dan Lier, joins me on the podcast to discuss the mindset you need to overcome life’s toughest challenges.
When Dan was diagnosed with amyloidosis, an incurable blood disease, he could have easily thrown in the towel and retreated from achieving his larger ambitions in life.
...but he never gave in.
Instead, he carried the self-image of himself doing amazing things and believed that it would all work out if he just kept battling.
In spite of all the adversity, Dan continues to be the #1 requested keynote speaker in Las Vegas, runs a successful sales consulting business, and started a new podcast with his wife about love and relationships.
Want to know his secrets to overcome adversity? Then tune in to this episode of Video Marketing Mastery!
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How Dan uses neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) to control his thoughts, feelings, and behaviors
- Dan’s nightly routine that helps install empowering beliefs and create a positive self-image while he sleeps
- The mindset you need to adopt if you want to achieve long-term success
Links & Resources
- The Business of Love Podcast, with Dan and Jennifer Lier
- What Separates Top Performing Salespeople From Average Salespeople? (Ep. 217)
- Sales Psychology: How to Maximize Your Potential and Crush Your Quota with Dan Lier (Ep. 103)
- What Top-Earning Salespeople Do Differently, ft. Dan Lier (Ep. 178)
- Join the WireBuzz Insider Facebook Group here
- Gain access to our free Video ROI mini-course by signing up here
- How to Choose Profitable Video Topics Worksheet
- Pitch us a question that we can answer in a future podcast episode
- See what a @WireBuzz production looks like by following our crew across the country on Instagram
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.