If you gave two salespeople the same script, product, and territory…why is one able to crush their sales goal while the other struggles to hit their quota?
What’s the real problem that separates top performers from the “average sales dude?” (Hint: it’s not skill or talent, although those factors do matter at a certain point).
Dan Lier, a two-time collegiate basketball national champion and sales training expert, explains that the underlying problem keeping salespeople stuck is their psychology, or belief system.
Every salesperson knows what activities they need to be doing — prospecting, presenting, and following up — but it’s their psychology that keeps them from doing it. When you fix this, everything changes.
In this episode, Dan and I unravel this concept even further and share some tips on improving your belief system and self-image. Plus, Jordan Herelle, a rockstar member of the WireBuzz Digital Strategy team, chimes in with his unique perspective on staying motivated.
Maybe you’re working through some inner-beliefs that are holding you back in your life and career. Or maybe you want to better understand the worldview of a top performer so that you can copy how they think. You’ll get all that and more in this episode of Video Marketing Mastery!
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- What separates a “quota crusher” from an average sales dude
- The mindset of a top performer vs. the mindset of an average performer
- How to stay motivated after you hit your goals
- How Dan transferred his success as a college basketball player to sales
Links & Resources
- The Business of Love Podcast, with Dan Lier
- Sales Psychology: How to Maximize Your Potential and Crush Your Quota with Dan Lier (Ep. 103)
- What Top Earning Salespeople Do Differently, ft. Dan Lier (Ep. 178)
- Join the WireBuzz Insider Facebook Group here
- Gain access to our free Video ROI mini-course by signing up here
- How to Choose Profitable Video Topics Worksheet
- Pitch us a question that we can answer in a future podcast episode
- See what a @WireBuzz production looks like by following our crew across the country on Instagram
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.
Latest posts by Todd Hartley (see all)
- Irrefutable Marketing Laws of the 2020s (Ep. 219) - December 20, 2019
- How To Overcome Adversity When It Comes Looking for You (Ep. 218) - December 11, 2019
- What Separates Top Performing Salespeople From Average Salespeople? (Ep. 217) - December 4, 2019