“The Few, The Proud, The Marines.”
“Be All That You Can Be.”
“America’s Navy — A Global Force for Good.”
We’ve all seen recruiting advertisements for the US Marines, Army, and Navy, but how often do you see their ads outside of television?
Not very often, right?
Historically, these military branches have spent up to 70% of their marketing budget on television commercials…
…but that’s all about to change.
After years of sticking to traditional advertising channels, the Navy tested a new video campaign on YouTube…
…and the results were “blockbuster.”
The ad campaign did so well that the Navy is going to spend 70% of their advertising budget online instead of on television!
It’s a big win for the Navy, but what lessons can YOU learn from their success?
Similar to how every great military mission starts with the end goal in mind, at WireBuzz, we always start with strategy… and that’s exactly what the Navy did.
They defined their target audience, identified where they hung out online, and created hyper-relevant ads that commanded attention and increased engagement
If you want to hear the full breakdown of this campaign, plus the latest news in digital marketing, then tune into this episode of Video Marketing Mastery!
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How a National Sales Director became WireBuzz certified and how you can, too
- How real estate agents are growing their business using video marketing tactics
- Everything to know about GoPro’s new Hero 7 Black
- Todd’s advice on becoming the most resourceful person in your industry
- 3 lessons from the U.S. Navy’s first made-for-digital video recruitment campaign
- How to win a limited edition WireBuzz crew cap
Links & Resources
- How to Use Longer Videos to Identify Qualified Prospects (Ep. 85)
- Todd’s Speech In Minneapolis: Using Video To Sell Products at Faster Rates (Ep. 168)
- [Webinar] Speed Up Medical Device Sales Using Video
- Gain access to our free Video ROI mini-course by signing up here
- Pitch us a question that we can answer in a future podcast episode
- See what a @WireBuzz production looks like by following our crew across the country on Instagram
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.
Latest posts by Todd Hartley (see all)
- The One Place Your Business Shouldn’t Use Video (Ep. 188) - February 7, 2019
- 5-Step Roadmap for Creating an Irresistible Marketing Message (Ep. 187) - January 23, 2019
- The Right Way to Charm & Prospect New Business using Video (Ep. 186) - January 9, 2019