Conventional wisdom says that shorter videos are better because more people will watch a short video than a long video.
“It’s better if people watch 100% of our 30-second video than if they only watch 50% of our 10-minute video, right!?”
…Unfortunately, conventional wisdom is wrong and here’s why.
Businesses have been misled to believe that video completion is the “North Star” metric they should be optimizing for, but message delivery is the REAL metric that matters.
The objective is to get people who are going to buy from you to consume your message as quickly and easily as possible.
If you have a longer, more complex sales cycle than you’re going to need a longer, more complex content experience. So the big takeaway is that longer videos achieve that objective better than shorter videos.
In this episode, Marcus Krieg, President, and Sarah Scott, Producer join us to discuss how brands can capitalize on the long-form video trend, how to segment audiences based on video watch time, and how to better hook your audience at the beginning of your videos.
Plus, we’ll share a few more trends that we’re REALLY excited about. So hit that play button and tune into this week’s episode of Video Marketing Mastery!
In case you missed the first three episodes of this series, you can find the links to those in the Links & Resources section below.
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- Why “shorter videos are better” is a misnomer and the REAL video viewing metric you should focus on instead
- Why YouTube engagement kills ROI
- Why you should segment your audience by video viewing time
- Why we’re excited about ungated premium content
- How to use long-form case study videos
- How to optimize your video’s performance with A/B testing tools
Links & Resources
- Express Badging Explainer Video
- Using the Power of Video to Create a Movement (EP. 157)
- John Williams’ Breast Cancer School for patients
- Part 1 – The Netflix Economy: How To Create Binge Worthy Buying Experiences
- Part 2 – Using Relevance in Your Binge Worthy Video Content
- Part 3 – How Branding and Direct Response are Converging
- Join the WireBuzz Insider Facebook Group here
- Gain access to our free Video ROI mini-course by signing up here
- Pitch us a question that we can answer in a future podcast episode
- See what a @WireBuzz production looks like by following our crew across the country on Instagram
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.
Latest posts by Todd Hartley (see all)
- How Sales Team Use Video To Crush More Deals (Ep. 209) - July 18, 2019
- How sales teams need to be using video (Ep. 208) - July 11, 2019
- How To Attract Your Perfect Customer (Ep. 207) - July 2, 2019