When you watch a great video, I doubt that you’re thinking, “hmm…I wonder what went into creating this .” Most people aren’t considering the planning, people, and equipment that went into making a successful video.
They only care about one thing — “how is this video relevant to me.”
But as a video creator, it’s a different story. You need plan out the strategy, the script, the gear you need, and the location(s) of the shoot.
All of these things contribute to creating a great video that seems effortless.
In this episode of Video Marketing Mastery, the Wirebuzz team and I take you into the field as we prepare for an actual shoot, featuring me!
Preparing for your shoot is just as important, if not more important, than production day itself. And you already know how the saying goes, “if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.”
So tune into this episode to discover what that pre-production process looks like so that your shoot day doesn’t fall flat. Plus, we’ll share how (and why) you should conduct a post-shoot debrief session.
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How to use video to convince and convert at faster rates.
- Why 82% of buyers don’t want to talk to a salesperson until they’re ready to make a decision, and how you can overcome that.
- What goes into pre-production, production, and post-production.
- How to design a script for your video.
- The cameras, lights, and other gear you need to bring to your video shoot.
- How to accelerate the production process.
- When to be creative and when to execute.
- If you should memorize your script for the video shoot.
- How to use a teleprompter to create the illusion of audience interaction and look sincere on camera.
- Who needs to be on your production team on the day of your shoot, and why.
- How Dr. Jay Harness, Medical Director at Breast Cancer Answers, uses the “post-mortem” debrief to become a world-class physician.
Links & Resources
- Todd gets mic’d up for the shoot.
- The production team setting up lights and sound
- During the shoot, Todd in his element.
- Gain access to Todd’s most recent webinar to accelerate your sales pipeline, and hear Todd’s most embarrassing story ever.
- Gain access to our free Video ROI mini-course by signing up here
- Pitch us a question that we can answer in a future podcast episode
- See what a @WireBuzz production looks like by following our crew across the country on Instagram
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.
Latest posts by Todd Hartley (see all)
- Show & Tell: The Power of Visual Sales & Marketing Assets (Ep. 213) - September 6, 2019
- Proving Results From Video Marketing (Ep. 212) - August 29, 2019
- The Latest Development of LinkedIn Live Video (Ep. 211) - August 1, 2019