Welcome to Part 2 of this series on choosing the right video hosting provider for your goals.
In last week’s episode, we spoke with Wistia’s CEO, Chris Savage, about the benefits of 3rd party hosting providers compared to YouTube, in addition to some ways that you can use Wistia to get better sales and marketing results.
Now in this week’s episode, we’ve got Michael Litt on to share even more insights into the capabilities of video hosting technology and how Vidyard, his company’s product, fits into the video hosting ecosystem.
If you enjoyed our last show with Chris, then you’re sure to love this episode as well.
Get the episode on iTunes: http://apple.co/1Qco9Ka
But if you haven’t listened to episode 17 yet, I highly recommend you start with that episode, because Chris and I cover some of the basic differences between YouTube and 3rd party hosting providers like Vidyard and Wistia. You won’t want to listen to this episode without that important context.
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- The biggest mistakes Michael sees marketers make with video, including: spending too much on videos without first developing a strategy or measuring your results.
- Why showing your passion for the topic on video increases your sales and conversion rates
- How to map video to the sales funnel and what types of videos work best at each stage of the funnel
- In the awareness portion of your funnel, at the top, create a general message that is interesting enough to drive them to the next piece of content
- Why Michael believes top-of-funnel videos should be no longer than 30 seconds
- Why the further you go down the funnel, the longer your videos can be
- You should see engagement and attention spans going up as prospects move further along in the buying process
- Why video is the next-best thing to being with a prospect in person
- How businesses are using video for lead scoring and marketing automation
- Why video content outperforms ebooks, white papers, and blog posts for determining which prospects are ready to buy
- How Vidyard can help marketers run more effective video campaigns by providing: interactivity, individual viewer analytics, in-video calls-to-action, and more
- Why Michael thinks personalized video is the future of one-to-one sales engagement
- How Vidyard compares to Wistia, the video hosting solution we discussed last week
- What Michael thinks about Facebook’s recent push into the video marketing space
- Why Michael believes that video marketers should use every platform for distribution possible, including YouTube and Social Video Platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
Links & Resources
- Michael’s article I mentioned in the show about Video Marketing For the Entire Sales Funnel
- Learn more about Vidyard
- Connect with Michael on Twitter: @michaellitt
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.
Latest posts by Todd Hartley (see all)
- Why Facebook and Instagram are Copying Snapchat (Ep. 80) - April 26, 2017
- How to Use Video to Protect Your Business from a Social Media Crisis (Ep. 79) - April 25, 2017
- What You Can Learn from the Rise of Video Streaming (Ep. 78) - April 19, 2017