Mapping out your customer journey helps you serve the right piece of content to a potential prospect based on their previous interactions with your business.
But did you know that 68% of marketers don’t have a documented customer journey strategy in place?
Without knowing your customer’s journey, how do you expect to serve them hyper-relevant messages that move them closer towards making a purchase (or repurchase)?
In this episode, I interview Mike Huber, Senior Director of Business Strategy at Vertical Measures. We dive into his company’s newly released book, The Customer Journey: How an Owned Audience Can Transform Your Business.
(Hint: An owned audience is when you capture someone’s name and email so you can communicate with them whenever you want).
There are 4 phases to the customer journey, which we’ll get into in this interview. Plus you’ll discover how much content you should create for each phase.
If you want rich, actionable advice on mapping out your customer journey (plus a chance at winning a free copy of the book), tune in to this episode of Video Marketing Mastery!
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- What is the customer journey and why is it important
- The value of having an owned audience and the importance of understanding them
- The 4 phases of the customer journey and how much content belongs in each stage
- How to align your content with your customers search intent for better conversion
- The 3 different audience tiers and the pros and cons of each
- How to create a budge for each phase of the customer journey
Links & Resources
- Behind the Scenes of Todd’s Career in Radio (Ep. 100)
- The Stories You’ve Always Wanted to Hear (Ep. 150)
- How to Create a Hub and Spoke Content Marketing Strategy, with Mike Huber (Ep. 170)
- Join the WireBuzz Insider Facebook Group here
- Gain access to our free Video ROI mini-course by signing up here
- Pitch us a question that we can answer in a future podcast episode
- See what a @WireBuzz production looks like by following our crew across the country on Instagram
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.
Latest posts by Todd Hartley (see all)
- How Michaela Alexis Grew Her LinkedIn Followers to Over 156,000 (Ep. 222) - February 11, 2020
- The Art of Business Storytelling, featuring Kindra Hall (Ep. 221) - February 3, 2020
- Fanocracy: Turning Customers Into Raving Fans (Ep. 220) - January 21, 2020