How to Use Video to Set Up Your First Client Meeting (Ep. 136)
by TODD HARTLEY, on Jan 17, 2018 7:31:00 AM
Have you ever brought a buddy to a conference so you could avoid awkwardly introducing yourself to people? Why not use the same tactic to introduce yourself to potential clients before your first face-to-face meeting.
Only this time, your buddy is a video that positions you as the ‘guru’ their business has been desperately searching for.
Let’s back up for a second. You need to understand that your prospects don’t read, they want things explained to them succinctly and visually.
If you want to get your message across to your target audience, traditional marketing methods just won’t work anymore. Only 18% of buyers are even willing to talk to a salesperson until they’re ready to buy.
So, how do you transfer the information from your salespeople (who they don’t want to talk to) into the heads of your prospects?
Videos. And probably more than one.
If you’re ready to tell your story to prospects and move them through your sales cycle faster using video, then tune into this episode of Video Marketing Mastery!.
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How to tee up your first meeting so your client views you as a guru.
- Why B2B Marketing is not about Facebook and YouTube, but B2C Marketing is.
- How businesses can use videos on their website to educate prospects who don’t read
- How to create a buyer’s journey using sequential videos.
- Why just one video probably won’t be effective.
- Why people don’t do commercials for B2B.
- Why people get out of your buyer’s journey and onto a detour.
- Why going in for a close with one video is a big mistake.
- Miami Hurricane Turnover Chain
- Talk Triggers: How to Turn Your Customers into Raving Advocates for Your Business, with Jay Baer (Ep. 105)
- Apple CEO Tim Cook made $12.8 million in 2017 - a 46% raise from last year
- Chrissy Teigen live-tweets hellish ‘flight to nowhere’
- Knot Standard Explainer video
- How I targeted cold prospects via email video and closed over $350,000 in business.
- How to always make your time as valuable as possible.
- Talent trickles out of Snapchat as Timehop founder leaves.
- How long it takes to make a great business video right the first time.
- Russian-linked Facebook content: How to check if you were duped.
- Brands have found a new secret weapon to hit viral gold - their lawyers.
- Why you should be creating your story from where the target first approaches you.
- How to show the scope of your abilities to a client.
- Why a traditional marketing model slows down the sales process.
- How video created a 68% sales process reduction at WireBuzz.
- How the power of emotion will improve your ROI.
Links & Resources
- Gain access to our free Video ROI mini-course by signing up here
- Attention Hacks: Proven Ways Video Accelerates Your Sales Pipeline
- Pitch us a question that we can answer in a future podcast episode
- See what a @WireBuzz production looks like by following our crew across the country on Instagram
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.