Standing out in today’s world isn’t as easy as it used to be.
It’s noisier than ever, and customers are inundated with information. Social media feeds, emails, TV commercials, online ads… it seems nearly impossible to stand out and grab someone’s attention (and even harder to hold it).
It feels like the louder we shout, the more our customers ignore it.
It sounds counterintuitive, but the most successful businesses aren’t spending more on marketing and advertising — they’re actually spending less.
Why? Because they’re encouraging their customers to tell their story for them.
My guest on the podcast is none other than digital marketing and customer service expert Jay Baer. Jay’s approach to cut through the noise and stand out is simple, yet powerful…
Deliver such an incredible experience for your customers that they WANT to tell their friends about you!
Jay calls these experiences “talk triggers,” and it’s how he has been able to create loyal brand advocates who willingly share and promote their amazing experiences with their friends.
If you’re looking for ways to create a tribe of raving fans who become viral advocates for your business, then you don’t want to miss my interview with Jay Baer!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- The #1 challenge facing marketers today and how to overcome it
- How to use “talk triggers” so that your customers excitingly share your brand’s story with their friends (and bring you referral business)
- Why Cheesecake Factory spends 5x less on marketing & advertising
- The two talk triggers that WireBuzz has built into our video production process
- Why Jay believes the ways businesses are structured today is wrong
- Where to get started when brainstorming talk triggers in your business
- Why the best kind of marketing doesn’t actually come from your company
- How a certain cruise line is getting customers to share about their experience on Snapchat
- Why we trust ratings and reviews more than we trust marketing messages
- Why The Graduate uses famous celebrities’ college IDs as their room keys
- How saying “no” to new clients is one of the best things you can do for your business
Links & Resources
- Convince & Convert
- Episode 9 – Using Video for Thought Leadership and Customer Service, with Jay Baer
- Gain access to our free Video ROI mini-course by signing up here
- Tweet me @TheToddHartley if you’re a new follower and want to receive a personalized video from yours truly
- Pitch us a question that we can answer in a future podcast episode
- See what a @WireBuzz production looks like by following our crew across the country on Instagram
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.
Latest posts by Todd Hartley (see all)
- How sales teams need to be using video (Ep. 208) - July 11, 2019
- How To Attract Your Perfect Customer (Ep. 207) - July 2, 2019
- Facebook’s Best Practices For Increasing Video Reach (Ep. 206) - June 19, 2019