Preparing Your Business For The New Google Page Experience (Ep. 321)
by TODD HARTLEY, on Dec 4, 2020 10:42:40 AM
Back in June we talked about Google’s announcement of their page experience algorithm update. Due to COVID-19, they decided to roll out the update in May 2021 so we could all be prepared.
But that doesn’t mean that you should wait to make changes to your webpage experience.
According to Google:
The page experience signal measures aspects of how users perceive the experience of interacting with a web page. Optimizing for these factors makes the web more delightful for users across all web browsers and surfaces, and helps sites evolve towards user expectations on mobile. We believe this will contribute to business success on the web as users grow more engaged and can transact with less friction.
So there are a few things you need to ask yourself:
- Does your website load quickly?
- Are your pages mobile friendly?
- Is your website interactive AND secure?
In this episode, friend of the Toddcast, Barry Schwartz of RustyBrick, is back to explain what Google’s new page experience update means for your business, and how you can prepare your website before they roll it out.
Make sure to head over to the free Google Search Console to see how your page performs, and if it’s underperforming, click play to hear what you need to know to be ready for the update!
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How to align your website with the page experience changes
- What causes you to get buried in the Google Search results
- The 3 core web vitals you can measure (and why it matters)
- How you can measure your web performance and adjust your site
Links & Resources
- Follow Barry Schwartz on Twitter and YouTube
- Listen to the last episode Barry joined us on about Google’s mobile upgrade
- Check out RustyBrick and everything Barry on his website
- Verify your website with Google Search Console
- Follow Todd Hartley on Linkedin and let him know you’re listening!
- Gain access to 20 minutes of free video coaching here
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.