How The Best Salespeople Create Value to Win the Sale (Ep. 227)
by TODD HARTLEY, on Mar 18, 2020 11:01:55 AM
In today's world, it's all about consultative selling. People expect you to dive into their business and help them solve their unique problems.
And it’s the salesperson’s job to listen to their needs and then create enough value to win the sale. However, most salespeople are simply going through the motions and checking off the boxes during their discovery calls and proposal meetings.
Sure, you might close the “low-hanging fruit” that way, but you’ll never become a top-earning salesperson until you master the skill of creating value. When you understand how to create value the right way, you separate yourself from 80% of your competition.
Dan Lier, professional sales trainer and keynote speaker, joins us on the podcast again to discuss how to take your sales to the next level. Dan’s history of success speaks for itself:
- Two-time collegiate basketball national champion
- Top-earning sales representative for Tony Robbins
- #1 requested keynote speaker in Las Vegas
- And the guy companies hire to train their sales team
In this episode, Dan reveals how to ask questions that build value, his “4-point connection strategy” to build rapport, and why an undisturbed prospect will not buy.
Grab a pen and paper to take notes and tune in to this episode of Video Marketing Mastery!
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How top salespeople build value vs. how amateur salespeople build value
- Dan’s “4-point connection strategy” to build rapport with prospects (even if don’t consider yourself to be “social”)
- Why an undisturbed prospect will not buy (and what to do about it)
- Why it's more valuable to help employees set personal goals instead of business goals
Links & Resources
- Dan Lier’s Keynote Speaker Website
- Dan’s Virtual Sales Training Website
- How To Overcome Adversity When It Comes Looking for You, ft. Dan Lier (Ep. 218)
- What Separates Top Performing Salespeople From Average Salespeople? (Ep. 217)
- Join the WireBuzz Insider Facebook Group here
- Gain access to our free Video ROI mini-course by signing up here
- How to Choose Profitable Video Topics worksheet
- Pitch us a question that we can answer in a future podcast episode
- See what a @WireBuzz production looks like by following our crew across the country on Instagram
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.