Coming up with an effective video strategy for your business is tricky.
First and foremost, everything you do should support your business goals. You’ll also need to consider things like your audience size, your buyer’s journey, and which traffic sources you want to focus on to get prospects through your sales funnel.
No two content strategies will ever look the same, but it helps to see examples of successful companies using video marketing to extend their reach and educate leads.
And who better to learn from than Salesforce?
At Viewtopia 2016, I sat down with Salesforce’s Sr. Manager of Social Media and Content, Marissa Kraines, and Director of Video Strategy, Victor Haseman, to talk about how they use video marketing to reach their business goals.
Even if your company isn’t as big as Salesforce, there’s plenty to learn from this conversation. We talked about everything from Snapchat ads to building thought leadership with video, so you’ll definitely want to tune into this episode!
Free Bonus: Discover how to create videos that generate ROI with this free, 5-part video course. Click here for instant access!
Get the episode on iTunes: http://apple.co/2glJB8L
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How Salesforce uses video to amplify their sales and marketing goals
- What kind of content Salesforce uses to attract prospects
- Why they use videos from live events in their content strategy
- Why it’s important to prioritize the platforms that will drive results
- Why and when it makes sense to have multiple YouTube channels
- How to use personas to create tailored video content
- How to repurpose videos to increase the amount of content you produce
- How Salesforce uses gated content to generate leads
- When gating content makes sense for businesses
- How video is changing social media
- When authenticity means downplaying quality (and why)
- Why answers are in the analytics
- How to use video at live events to expand your reach
- Why business goals define the type of content you produce
Links & Resources
- Find out what video topics are most profitable for your business with our free Topics Selection Worksheet
- Here are a few photos from Viewtopia earlier this month:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.
Latest posts by Todd Hartley (see all)
- How sales teams need to be using video (Ep. 208) - July 11, 2019
- How To Attract Your Perfect Customer (Ep. 207) - July 2, 2019
- Facebook’s Best Practices For Increasing Video Reach (Ep. 206) - June 19, 2019