Last week Annette shared what you should do to plan a successful video shoot.
But that’s only half the story! What about the day of the shoot?
How do you structure the day, manage your time, and get the right shots the first time?
Find out in this episode of Video Marketing Mastery, in which I bring back our Director of Production, Stronz Vanderploeg, to share several tips for having a successful video shoot.
And if you didn’t catch part 1 in this series, check out last week’s episode first.
Get the episode on iTunes: http://apple.co/1sGoXU6
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- The biggest shoot-day mistakes (and how to avoid them)
- Why “winging it” doesn’t work
- How preparation makes it easier to deal with unexpected problems on the shoot day
- Why you should factor in (much) more time than you think you need for each shot or interview
- How to communicate with everyone involved in the shoot to mitigate the risk of problems happening on the shoot day
- How to create a schedule for your shoot
- What to do if you have extra time after getting everything you need
- What to look for in a room to make sure your shot looks great the first time
- Why you need a lot of space for your interview setup
- How to plan for multiple interviews in a single day, including: set changes, scheduling, makeup artists, etc.
- How to be a good interviewer and establish rapport with your interviewee before rolling the cameras
- How to coach interview subjects so they can forget about the camera and just be themselves
Tweet: Creating a successful video is like building a house. It’s hard to do it right without a blueprint.
Links & Resources
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.
Latest posts by Todd Hartley (see all)
- How Sales Team Use Video To Crush More Deals (Ep. 209) - July 18, 2019
- How sales teams need to be using video (Ep. 208) - July 11, 2019
- How To Attract Your Perfect Customer (Ep. 207) - July 2, 2019