Remember when you actually had to get in your car and drive across town to go shopping?
And if they didn’t have what you needed, you’d have to get in your car again and to go another location.
Or worse — the retailer would need to order the item you needed. Then you’d have to wait weeks for your shipment to come in so that you can go back to the store AGAIN and pick it up.
But then Amazon came along, and made our lives a whole lot more convenient.
Which is why it’s no surprise that shopping malls and brick-and-mortar retail stores will soon be a thing of the past.
One by one, superstores and luxury brands alike are closing their doors to offset poor earnings.
And only a few businesses that sensed a market shift early on have been able to adapt.
Like some of the most successful brands today, you need to recognize the shifts in consumer demands, no matter what industry you’re in.
But in order to do that, you need to be aware of what’s happening around you. That’s why I collect the latest news in video marketing every week! Listen to this episode to find out what YouTube, Apple, and JetBlue are doing to move forward to a changing world.
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- Which metric YouTube is improving for advertisers
- Where the WireBuzz team was this week
- Why watch time matters on YouTube
- The dangers of selfie culture
- Why you might no longer need a boarding pass for your next flight with JetBlue
- What was recently leaked about the iPhone 8
- How I used my investigative reporting background to learn where these Apple product leaks come from
- Why Michael Kors is closing more than 100 stores throughout the US
- Why shopping malls and retail stores have a dismal future
- How to reduce your website’s bounce rate
Links & Resources
- Read Sherri Bonelli’s article, YouTube SEO: How to find the best traffic-generating keywords
- If you’re using YouTube as a marketing tool to raise awareness about your business, then you’ll want to check out TubeBuddy and VidIQ
- Gain access to our free Video ROI mini-course by signing up here
- Pitch us a question that we can answer in a future podcast episode
We’re all pretty excited about adding some new awards on the shelf!
Look at Ashlyn at work in the lab!
See the WireBuzz crew doing a shoot at the aviation museum!
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.
Latest posts by Todd Hartley (see all)
- How Shay Rowbottom Has Generated 20 Million Video Views and 180,000 Followers on LinkedIn (Ep. 223) - February 21, 2020
- How Michaela Alexis Grew Her LinkedIn Followers to Over 156,000 (Ep. 222) - February 11, 2020
- The Art of Business Storytelling, featuring Kindra Hall (Ep. 221) - February 3, 2020