The social media landscape is radically changing and marketers are scrambling to keep up with algorithm and privacy changes.
As marketers, many people have gotten used to automating and mass publishing content to their social media audiences, but it looks like the time for those tactics is over.
Gone are the days of mass tweeting, click-baiting and carpet bombing your audience with as much content as possible.
New changes usher in a day where social media marketers will need to fundamentally change the way they’ve been engaging with their audience.
So do we drop social media altogether and focus somewhere else? Is this mountain of changes scaleable, or are Facebook and Twitter trying to destroy your business?
The harsh reality is that marketers are going to have to grow up and learn how to engage and delight their audiences.
In this episode of Video Marketing Mastery, I talk with Mark Traphagen of Stone Temple about what’s going on with social media and the shifts we think will be vital for social media marketers in the future.
We’ll talk about the kind of content, engagement, and interactions that you should have been doing all along to provide value to your audience.
So if you’re ready to make the necessary changes to help you win on social media again, you don’t want to miss this episode.
Click here to learn more about Mark Traphagen and the Stone Temple Team.
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- Why we’re in a crisis moment for social media marketing.
- How social networks are making corrective changes to level the playing field.
- How content marketers need to shift their strategy to be successful on social.
- Why the disruption in social media has only just begun.
- Where people are going to turn to online instead of the big social media sites.
- How marketers can hone their traditional marketing skills to earn the attention of their audience.
- How to get rewarded by Facebook for relevant, valuable content.
- The details of Twitter’s new bulk posting policy.
- Why marketers always wreck the next big thing.
- How to decide whether you need to be on social media.
- What makes video so powerful on social media.
Links & Resources
- Read Mark’s article for marketingland.com here.
- Hanging with Mark Traphagen
- Gain access to our free Video ROI mini-course by signing up here
- Pitch us a question that we can answer in a future podcast episode
- See what a @WireBuzz production looks like by following our crew across the country on Instagram