Being authentic is intimidating, especially when you have people looking up to you.
And for those of us leading a business, it doesn’t exactly come second-nature.
What if you share something really personal that isn’t received well?
What if your audience perceives your story as a weakness?
Who would want to do business with someone that’s vulnerable?
Well, you’d be surprised.
I’ll be the first to admit that being vulnerable with your audience is difficult. But if you really want to take your business or brand to the next level, authenticity is a must.
The truth is, people want to do business with those that they’ve built relationships with. And healthy relationships are built on openness and honesty.
Think about it: Wouldn’t you want to buy from someone that you care about? Doesn’t it feel better when you shop with a company that has similar values?
But in today’s global market, making a personal, face-to-face connection isn’t always an option.
So to build a relationship remotely, you have to be willing to open up wherever your target audience is.
Often that means sharing your story online, through video.
In this episode, I’ll tell you about the biggest obstacle I’ve had to overcome to get where I am today, and why video is one of the best ways to open up and be authentic with your audience.
Seriously, you won’t want to miss this one.
Get the episode on iTunes: http://apple.co/2cmNQBA
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or Download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- News Update: Vidyard just opened up submissions to the Video Marketing Awards
- Pauline Jakober’s 8 Dos and Don’ts of Successful Video Advertising (and my response to her list)
Why having a remarketing/retargeting strategy helps keep your business top-of-mind
How being authentic in your videos builds relationships
- About my personal struggle with ADD — and why telling my story is valuable to my business
- How openness and authenticity can help your business connect with prospective customers and achieve its goals
- Why video is one of the best ways to create an authentic connection with your audience
Links & Resources
- Learn about Vidyard’s 2016 Video Marketing Awards and Viewtopia
- Learn more about Vidyard in this podcast episode with Michael Litt, Vidyard’s Co-founder & CEO
- Find out more about the Search Marketing Expo
- Take a look at this great article on the by Pauline Jakober
- Download our free Video Topic Selection Worksheet
- Have an idea for an upcoming podcast episode? Let us know here!
See my thank you video to the University of Arizona’s SALT Center:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.