As you probably know, March Madness wrapped up last week. And while some of the WireBuzz team got to see the action up-close at the University of Phoenix Stadium, the rest of us were streaming it from home. So, it comes as no surprise that the livestreamed event generated a record-breaking 88 million views.
Like the 2016 Summer Olympics, the U.S. Election debates, the Inauguration, and every other major event in recent history, we saw viewership shift away from traditional television and towards new media.
Livestreaming, mobile, and video are all mega-trends that are here to stay. That’s why we’re always searching for the latest and most important news digital marketers need to know.
Listen to this week’s episode to learn about Facebook updates, the future of advertising, and more! If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
Weekly News Updates:
- Facebook has officially launched their Stories feature in order to compete with other social media apps like Snapchat
- Twitter is releasing pre-roll video ads, providing a new opportunity for businesses to get in front of their audience
- March Madness live streaming viewership increased by 31% from last year
- Facebook’s new feature, “Collections,” allows marketers to attach product images to a video ad, encouraging people to purchase an item that’s being shared on
- Business Insider expects social video ad spend to double this year
- Spotify acquired MightyTV, an app that helps users pick shows to watch based on their interest in related content
Links & Resources
- Want to see our content series in action? Sign up for our FREE Video ROI Mini-Course
- If you aren’t already following WireBuzz on social media, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
Take a look at how video-first Facebook’s mobile app has gotten!
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.