When you leave on vacation, you don’t wait until you jump into the car to make all the plans for the trip, do you?
Of course not!
If you want to have an amazing and relaxing vacation, you do the majority of your planning ahead of time.
You book the hotel, scope out the best restaurants, and map out the activities you want to do. In other words, you have a plan!
Some of the most stressful vacations I’ve ever been on were not well planned and ended up costing me time and money.
Why? Because we didn’t do our research to find out what the best and most affordable restaurants were and we had to figure it all out once we got there — what a nightmare!
Creating effective marketing videos works much the same way. If you want your video to be successful, you have to know what the end goal will be and work backwards.
If you don’t have a marketing plan, you need one. If you don’t know how to make one, you need someone who does. Without these components, you can’t expect your video to work for you and generate ROI.
So if you want to learn how to work your way backward for video marketing success, hit that play button.
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How the SALT Center helped shape my success.
- What the Wirebuzz team is doing behind the scenes.
- How we make our pre-promotion and post-promotion plans.
- Why pre-planning is vital to quality.
- How to select wardrobe color for video, and why it’s important.
- Why video marketing needs to be different for each persona group.
- Why montages are a powerful way to share a message.
- What a discovery interview with clients is like.
- Why the right strategy will ultimately save you time and money.
- Why video is like a passenger train.
- Which marketing tactics work for which stage of the buyer’s funnel.
- The smartest way to get started with your video marketing.
- Why mapping out your plan with someone helps you see that your original plan was flawed.
- Why some companies spend thousands of dollars on a video and never post it.
Links & Resources
- Some pictures from my time at the SALT Center at the University of Arizona
- I got to catch a University of Arizona game during my visit.
- Learn more about optimizing your site with Tim Ash from Sitetuners.
- Gain access to our free Video ROI mini-course by signing up here.
- Attention Hacks: Proven Ways Video Accelerates Your Sales Pipeline.
- Pitch us a question that we can answer in a future podcast episode.
- See what a @WireBuzz production looks like by following our crew across the country on Instagram
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.
Latest posts by Todd Hartley (see all)
- How An Owned Audience Can Transform Your Business (Ep. 193) - March 19, 2019
- Reviewing Vidyard’s 2019 State of Video in Business (Ep. 192) - March 12, 2019
- How to Choose Profitable Video Topics for Your Business (Ep. 191) - March 5, 2019