It seems as if just about every social media platform has responded to the video-first world we’re living in.
Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat — everyone is going video first to keep giving their users what they want.
But one platform is limping in late to the party, and it’s time to call them out.
LinkedIn is just now adding native video to their platform, which is a sign to me that most businesses still don’t fully understand the impact that video has on your bottom line.
But even though they’re about three years late to the party, LinkedIn’s new video update includes some interesting features that businesses should pay close attention to (which keeps me interested for now).
From LinkedIn’s new native video feature to the latest news that matters to video marketers, it’s all going down in this week’s episode!
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- Who Todd sat next to on a Southwest flight to Orlando
- Why Google now includes videos and recipes in image search results
- How to use the power of video to increase the effectiveness of your website traffic
- How to incorporate video into your social media strategy
- Why people are 85% more likely to buy a product after watching an explainer video
- How churches can prompt viewers to give during live stream their services
- LinkedIn’s new native video feature that tracks viewing habits
- The Wall Street Journal’s report about Google harnessing the brain power of university researchers
- Why password sharing is becoming a growing issue
- Which cars made the list of the country’s most-stolen vehicles
Links & Resources
Todd with Donald De la Haye on a flight to Orlando:
Chicago Cubs World Series ring with the infamous “goat” on the inside of the band:
Todd with Dan Lier (6’8″) and Mark Eaton (7’4″):
- Gain access to our free Video ROI mini-course by signing up here
- Tweet me @TheToddHartley if you’re a new follower and want to receive a personalized video from yours truly
- Pitch us a question that we can answer in a future podcast episode
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.
Latest posts by Todd Hartley (see all)
- Show & Tell: The Power of Visual Sales & Marketing Assets (Ep. 213) - September 6, 2019
- Proving Results From Video Marketing (Ep. 212) - August 29, 2019
- The Latest Development of LinkedIn Live Video (Ep. 211) - August 1, 2019