We live in a culture that’s obsessed with the celebrity. From tabloids to reality TV, we’re fascinated by the lifestyles of the rich and famous. And now, with social media and live video, we can feel more connected to them than ever.
Which is why Katy Perry’s video campaign for the release of her upcoming album was so brilliant.
Capitalizing on her audience’s desire to learn everything about her, Katy livestreamed her life for 4 straight days on YouTube. Fans got to watch her eat, sleep, sing, and hang out with other celebrities during her livestream, Witness World Wide.
And like any good video marketing team, her editors cut down the highlights of the livestream into sharable, bite-sized videos.
So if you want to learn more about why Katy Perry’s video marketing stunt was so successful, plus news from Foot Locker, Snap, Twitter, and more, you won’t want to miss out on this podcast episode!
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- Why I love Foot Locker’s new Father’s Day video campaign
- Why you need to begin with a digital strategy
- Why UCF football kicker, Donald De La Haye is being asked to stop creating videos for his YouTube channel
- The success story of the world’s favorite file storage website, Dropbox
- How Katy Perry used live video to promote her new album
- How Snap hopes to improve revenue with self-serve ads
- Why Om Malik thinks that live video on Twitter was a bad investment
- What Kumi Walker, Twitter’s General Manager of Live Content, has to say about Twitter’s pivot to live video
- The latest statistics on social marketing ad spend
- Why Facebook is adding a closed captioning feature to Facebook Live
- What Soapbox by Wistia means for marketers
- How social video has an effect on increasing sales
- Proof that video can be used as tool for businesses of any size
Links & Resources
- Tweet me @TheToddHartley if you’re a new follower and want to receive a personalized video from yours truly
- Gain access to our free Video ROI mini-course by signing up here
- Pitch us a question that we can answer in a future podcast episode
- See what a @WireBuzz production looks like by following our crew across the country on Instagram
See Foot Locker’s smart use of video marketing:
Remember when the concept behind Dropbox was a new, confusing concept? Here’s their first explainer video:
Check out Ashlyn and Stronz hard at work for our clients in the medical marajuana industry!
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.
Latest posts by Todd Hartley (see all)
- Show & Tell: The Power of Visual Sales & Marketing Assets (Ep. 213) - September 6, 2019
- Proving Results From Video Marketing (Ep. 212) - August 29, 2019
- The Latest Development of LinkedIn Live Video (Ep. 211) - August 1, 2019