The window of opportunity to use video as a competitive advantage is starting to close…
And soon, the days when businesses didn’t need video content to stay competitive will be a thing of the past.
Even today, consumers expect brands to use video. In fact, 25% of people lose interest in brands if they don’t have a product video.
So if you haven’t already made videos for your business, you better act fast or risk falling behind.
But before you set up a studio and start cranking out videos, keep this in mind: the competition is getting stiffer, and it’s getting increasingly difficult to stand out from the crowd, even with video marketing.
You can’t just shoot an explainer video on your iPhone.
Hiring your neighbor’s kid isn’t going to cut it anymore.
To reap the benefits of video, you need to stand out, which means putting quality first. And we’re not just talking about production quality — you also need a smart video strategy, from pre-production to promotion.
Free Bonus: Discover how to create videos that generate ROI with this free, 5-part video course. Click here for instant access!
So to help point you in the right direction, Marcus and I share what you need to know to beat the competition with video. Tune into this episode of Video Marketing Mastery!
Get the episode on iTunes: http://apple.co/2eU7m4s
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- News Update: I’m going to be at VidYard’s Viewtopia, hosting a fireside chat about how video is affecting social media and vice versa
- News Update: Facebook Live is running television commercials, but are they promoting the platform effectively?
- News Update: Pinterest launches mobile-only Promoted Videos, that’ll jump out amongst other pins when the teaser plays as an animated gif amongst the still images
- News Update: Facebook reports that their average revenue per user grew 49.1% in the U.S. and Canada
- News Update: Despite their incredible growth in revenue, Facebook’s ad load has reached capacity, and they say that 2017 will be a year of investment for them
- Learn how to make a case for video marketing when you’re educating clients and customers
- How WireBuzz got started in video marketing
- How to measure ROI and explain it to your team
- Why we stress that you need to start making videos for your business ASAP
- Why you need more than just a homepage video to see it’s benefits
- How a bad video can affect your business
- How to distance yourself from the crowd, even when your competition is catching up
- What you need to know about profit margin to stay successful
- Some differences between Facebook and YouTube video
- Why you need to focus on creating high-quality, relevant videos
Links & Resources
- Find out which video topics will be most profitable for your business with our free Topics Selection Worksheet
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.
Latest posts by Todd Hartley (see all)
- How sales teams need to be using video (Ep. 208) - July 11, 2019
- How To Attract Your Perfect Customer (Ep. 207) - July 2, 2019
- Facebook’s Best Practices For Increasing Video Reach (Ep. 206) - June 19, 2019