Why Most Business Videos Fail, and How To Ensure Yours Succeed (Ep. 115)
by TODD HARTLEY, on Aug 31, 2017 1:51:00 AM
Just because little Timmy has a camera and plays 6 hours of Starcraft everyday on his computer doesn’t qualify him as the best video production partner for your online business video.
Nor is the wedding videographer who did a fantastic job capturing the bride and groom’s sentimental moments.
As ridiculous as this sounds, I see marketers make this mistake all the time when their boss tasks them with creating a business video.
They start by asking, “Who do I know that has a camera?”
My friend, I’m telling you that’s the wrong way to get started, and it’s one of the main reasons why most business videos fail.
When you’re looking for someone to create your online business video, you need someone who already lives in the digital marketing world — experts who specialize in conversions.
Because digital marketing experts will know how to map out the right strategy to generate results with that video.
Think about it like this...
Generating ROI with your business video is just like a passenger train.
You need to lay the tracks BEFORE you start the train, otherwise your passengers will never reach the final destination where they can BUY.
This is all lined out in the strategy phase before you start the creative process.
So listen in to discover how to build your train tracks the right way so that you ensure your business video succeeds.
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- What your boss is really saying when he says, “We need to get a video.”
- One of the biggest reasons why most business videos fail, and what to do instead
- How to detail out your video strategy to ensure ROI in five steps
- The 5 questions you should be asking your video creator
- Why skipping straight to the content creation phase is a BAD IDEA
- The one critical mistake that businesses make which leads to a marketing train wreck
- How to apply the right scriptwriting framework to your video
Links & Resources
- Three persuasive video script templates that WireBuzz uses for our clients
- The 5 questions to ask your video creator
- The Marketing Train Tracks Slide
- Gain access to our free Video ROI mini-course by signing up here
- Pitch us a question that we can answer in a future podcast episode
- See what a @WireBuzz production looks like by following our crew across the country on Instagram
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.