Where Google is Going & Aligning Your Business with Mark Traphagen (Ep. 241)
by TODD HARTLEY, on Jun 25, 2020 4:00:12 PM
Google just made updates to their algorithm....again. As a digital marketer, it benefits you to align with where Google is going. Usually, this can be tricky, but Google did something different this time.
Unexpectedly, Google disclosed their update — that page experience is now a primary ranking factor — and they’re giving businesses a chance to optimize their website before being penalized or “slapped.”
“We aim to confirm such updates when we feel there is actionable information that webmasters, content producers or others might take in relation to them.” - Google
The message is clear: improve your website's user experience or get deranked in the search engines.
This week I bring on one of the world’s leading Google authorities, Mark Traphagen. He’s a returning guest who’s going to update you on where Google is going and how you can prepare your business to take advantage of Google's page experience update.
Bad marketers don’t follow developing trends or news. All they do is react. But I want you to be proactive. I want you to adjust your business for the changes ahead so you can ride out the storm like a boss! So take notes and prepare to align your business with Google on this week’s episode.
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- Why Google exposed the changes behind the new algorithm
- How to align your business to the page experience changes
- What causes you to get buried in the Google Search results
- The difference between “lab data” and “field data”
- The 3 core web vitals you can measure (and why it matters)
Links & Resources
- Learn more about seoClairty by visiting their homepage.
- Rank Tracking Isn't What It Used to Be, So What's Next?
- Why we need to think differently about SEO rank tracking in 2020
- Visibility Share: seoClarity’s new tool to show true position on the search page
- 20% Lifetime discount on seoClarity Essentials through July 18.
- Apply code VMM20 at checkout. Delete default code at checkout.
- About seoClarity Essentials and why you want it!
- Check out the WireBuzz remote sales page to see how we’re using video
- Follow Todd and tell him you’re listening to the podcast on Linkedin
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.