Using Video To Retain Your Existing Customers (Ep. 246)
by TODD HARTLEY, on Aug 6, 2020 5:52:02 PM
In January of 2020, I was meeting with a client who said, “Todd if we don’t get a new client this entire year, but we up-sell our existing clients, it will be a huge year for us.”
Because I’m superstitious, I immediately tensed up when my client said that. Did he just jinx his whole year? I just couldn’t wrap my brain around de-prioritizing new clients.
Suddenly a pandemic spread across the planet like wildwire, and gaining access to new prospects became nearly impossible.
That's when I realized my client was right to prioritize selling to his existing customers. So we pulled together a strategy for using video to grow his business during a friggin pandemic, without needing new clients, and refined it into an easy 4-step plan.
In this week’s episode, I highlight my plan on how to use video to retain and upsell your current customers. And you know what’s going to happen? Your existing clients—the people who already know, love and trust you—are going to be prepared to buy from you again and again.
Now that’s how you pandemic proof your business and you can do it with videos that automatically get sent every time one client goes to the next stage of the buyer's journey.
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- 4 video techniques that will help you retain existing customers
- Some of the biggest reasons clients leave
- All the stats that point to why upselling current clients is important
- Best practices to keep clients happy while they’re waiting for your product
- How to refine and rethink your process
Links & Resources
- Check out the WireBuzz remote sales page to see how we’re using video
- Every self-help book ever, boiled down to 11 simple rules (Mashable)
- Google reveals Gmail’s most ambitious ever upgrades
- Follow Todd and tell him you’re listening to the podcast on LinkedIn
- Gain access to our free Video ROI mini-course by signing up here
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.