Using Video for Thought Leadership and Customer Service, with Jay Baer (Ep. 9)
by TODD HARTLEY, on Feb 24, 2016 11:42:00 PM
Want to get more customers and keep the ones you have?
Find out from Jay Baer how video can help you build an audience, and how to use it to hug your haters on social media.
You’ll also discover how Jay promotes videos across 9 different channels to get the most out of each video he creates. Get the episode on iTunes here.
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- Why Jay started his video series Jay Today
- Why the video works so well for building influence online
- How Jay transforms one YouTube video into several different pieces of content (podcasts, blog posts, LinkedIn articles, Medium articles, Slideshares, and Facebook videos)
- Why Jay adopted an authentic and conversational tone in all of his videos for operational and strategic reasons
- What BBQ ribs can teach you about digital marketing
- Why marketers need to be thinking about video right now
- How Jay sourced his video topics by listening to his customers on social media
- Why your customer service team is a gold mine for video topics
- Why answering customer service complaints using video humanizes your company and gives you a chance to hug your haters
- 80% of businesses claim to offer exceptional customer service, but only 8% of their customers agree.
- Why you need to prioritize online customer service
- Why your haters are actually your most important customers
[clickToTweet tweet="Learn from @JayBaer how to build thought leadership and #HugYourHaters using #video" quote="Learn from @JayBaer how to build thought leadership and #HugYourHaters using #video"]
Links & Resources
Jay Today playlist on YouTube
Watch the video for a sample Jay Today episode, or click here to see the full playlist.
- Jay’s new book Hug Your Haters
- Get our free video topic selection worksheet
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.