Why You Should Support Free Speech, Especially For People You Disagree With (Ep. 146)
by TODD HARTLEY, on Apr 24, 2018 8:03:00 AM
Congress, censorship, and LinkedIn...oh my!
Oh yeah, and my touristy trip to Vegas, but you’ll need to tune in to hear my BroBasket inspired story (see the picture in this episode’s show notes).
This probably isn’t news to most of you, but after Mark Zuckerberg testified in front of congress last week, we all found out how out of touch members of congress are with the internet and social media. We even have a sound bite compilation to share on this episode that’s both sad and entertaining, but mostly enlightening.
The internet is a great place to express your opinion, or is it? Reddit recently made the news due to its CEO’s views on censorship. I’ve never been shy about my opinion on the matter, but after expressing my opinion on my breaking news site, the backlash was intense.
In this episode, we’ll talk about why free speech is so important and why all speech is valuable. Yep, you heard that right.
And finally, we’ve got new developments to talk about with LinkedIn video ads. You don’t want to miss this episode of Video Marketing Mastery.
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How congress made it clear that they know nothing about Facebook or the internet.
- Why the recent Facebook data news isn’t the first time that Facebook data was leveraged politically.
- Why video and its output quality changes so rapidly.
- How much a cup of coffee is in Vegas.
- Why a pricing page on your site is extremely important whether you’re B2B or B2C
- How to set yourself up for success during pre-production.
- Why the biggest risks happen when script changes on shoot day.
- Where the censorship brigade is lurking now.
- Why you should support the rights of people who disagree with you.
- What you should have done to outpace your competitors on LinkedIn.
- Why your goal shouldn’t be to create a viral video.
- How to execute marketing techniques where you own the traffic.
Links & Resources
- Send someone their own BroBasket.
- Swingpointmedia.com - Jeff Harrison’s website.
- See the latest Here’s Why videos from Stone Temple.
- Gain access to our free Video ROI mini-course by signing up here
- Pitch us a question that we can answer in a future podcast episode
- See what a @WireBuzz production looks like by following our crew across the country on Instagram
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.