Remote Selling: How to Warm Up Your Prospects (Ep. 232)
by TODD HARTLEY, on Apr 23, 2020 3:00:00 AM
Remote sales isn’t a new concept. Back in the 90s, you could close deals from home if you had a phone and internet connection. And you could do it without the help of auto-dialers, social media and online ads.
Fast forward to the present, add a crisis, and selling becomes a different beast. Budgets are tight, tensions are high, and no one is buying. But the conversations need to happen anyway.
Right now is the time to plant seeds that will sprout and grow by the time this is all over. But if you don’t add value now, the sprouts won't be worth harvesting. So how do you do this?
Sales reps still have to pick up the phone and prospect - but they have to do it with empathy.
There are 3 things you can do right now:
- engage with your prospect’s content online
- show genuine interest in what they have to say
- make your own content so they remember who you are
In this episode of Video Marketing Mastery, I talk to Jason McElhone of RemoteSales.com, who has been selling remote since the 90s and in past crises such as 9-11. We discuss digital transformation and how to warm up your prospects so you’ll be ahead of the curve when this is all over.
So if you want to hear how the pros are ramping up their business instead of treating quarantine like a staycation, hit that play button now.
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How people should be selling during crisis
- Building value that leads to a follow up call
- How to get on a prospect’s calendar 30 days from now
- What remote selling looked like then vs. now
- How digital transformation has changed the way we sell
Links & Resources
- Check out the WireBuzz remote sales page
- Visit Jason McElhone on Linkedin for his viral sales videos
- Jason is the CEO & Founder of RemoteSales and Founder of RemoteOnline
- Gain access to our free Video ROI mini-course by signing up here
- How to Choose Profitable Video Topics worksheet
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.