How To Use Video To Become Your Prospect's Trusted Advisor (Ep. 249)
by TODD HARTLEY, on Aug 27, 2020 8:01:19 PM
65% of businesses in America fail in the first 10 years, so what does that say about the quality of marketers and sales reps out there?
I hear a lot of “professionals” blaming their prospects. But the problem isn’t the prospect - the problem is the way you’re selling yourself! Because ultimately, prospects buy from people they know, like, and trust.
And if there is any confusion in your sales process, whether it be on your website or during a sales presentation, people aren’t going to buy from you. When you see your prospects experiencing confusion, that should trigger a mental "red flag" in your head to follow up after the meeting to inject more clarity. When you start sending personalized videos that eliminate confusion and provide clarity, your prospects will move to the next stage of the sales process. And THAT is how you become a trusted advisor.
“But what is a trusted advisor, Todd?”
A trusted advisor is someone who:
- Is hyper focused on helping solve their clients’ problem
- Recognizes opportunities to be of service
- Puts the client’s needs above their own
In this episode of Video Marketing Mastery I bring on WireBuzz strategist Jordan Harelle to discuss how we use video to become the trusted advisor. With businesses around the world staying remote well into 2021, making a human connection from our home office is more important than ever. Video can bridge the gap.
My working motto is, “Be so good they can’t ignore you” (Steve Martin). So if you want to be top of mind when it comes to your clients and prospects, take notes on how to use the power of video to become a trusted advisor!
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How to eliminate confusion and provide clarity with video
- Why you should be authentic and vulnerable with your prospects
- Ways to use video to create long term relationships with clients
- Why you should always be looking for trends in the news
- How to use video to be transparent and provide updates on deliverables
Links & Resources
- Check out the WireBuzz remote sales page to see how we’re using video
- Becoming a trusted advisor: The 10 Behaviors
- Visit MASTERCLASS to learn how you can stay updated with your industry
- Why it’s becoming too expensive to go back to the office
- Follow Todd and tell him you’re listening to the podcast on LinkedIn
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.