How To Stand Out In A 3-Second World With Brendan Kane (Ep. 332)
by TODD HARTLEY, on Dec 17, 2020 1:22:00 PM
No matter what industry you’re in, you’re investing in your marketing team to make great content. And you don’t want that money to go to waste - ideally you want it to create ROI.
So in a world where people have on demand access to everything they want, you have a limited time to hack their attention.
If you know me, you know I’m a nerd for attention hacking. And with 16 BILLION messages sent out on digital platforms every day, you have to make the first 3 seconds count.
If your content can gain the attention of your prospect in the first 3 seconds, you’re going to be able to hold them for the next 7 seconds, which will give you enough time to start adding value. If positioned properly, you can hold their attention through your story and ultimately...your call to action.
In this episode of Video Marketing Mastery, I speak with Brendan Kane, author of "Hook Point: How To Stand Out In A 3-Second World." In this interview, Brendan reveals the power of hook points - a communication tool that helps marketers package their messages in an attention grabbing way. And THAT leads to better opportunities - both online and off.
Do I have your attention yet?
Whether you’re promoting yourself, a brand, your product, or a service...this information is for you. So sit back and take notes because we’re going to break down how to thrive in this micro-attention world. CLICK PLAY! You know you wanna.
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How to “Find the New Next” and stay ahead of the curve rather than following what everyone else is doing.
- The importance of algorithms and how to avoid being overwhelmed by the concept.
- How to use social analytics to find effective Hook Points.
- Easy to implement methods to accelerate demand for your brand
- To leverage existing traffic to exponentially increase your social media following
Links & Resources
- Get Brendan’s book and gain access to his free masterclass
- Learn more about Brendan on his website
- Check out the WireBuzz remote sales page to see how we’re using video
- Follow Todd and tell him you’re listening to the podcast on Linkedin
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.