How To Build A LinkedIn Live Community With Russ Johns (Ep. 313)
by TODD HARTLEY, on Nov 25, 2020 8:51:53 AM
With Covid continuing to shutter in-person events and business, LinkedIn has become a place where people show up to build relationships and make real connections.
And you already know that I preach using video to drop knowledge bombs, but what about leveraging LinkedIn Live and Events to build rapport and community? What’s the difference between the two?
LinkedIn Live is a public broadcast best used for Q&A, general discussions, and breaking news to create brand awareness and reach. Currently Live is in beta and you have to go through an application process to use the feature (link in resources).
Linkedin Events are private to attendees and better suited for educational or industry-specific events in order to build community and rapport with a specific audience. As long as you’re an admin, you can host an event from your company page and either livestream or webinar link.
But regardless of if you’re using one or both methods, there are some common themes on how to properly go about them:
- Be consistent so people know when to show up
- Promote your Live Broadcast or Event on your pages
- Give advice, serve, and teach your audience
- Engage with your prospects and be genuinely curious
- Bring interesting concepts to the table and mix it up
Now is the time to start leveraging LinkedIn Live, or at minimum, Linkedin Events to grow your business. That's why I asked Russ Johns from #PirateBroadcast to come on the show and drop some pirate’s booty on how he has grown his Live audience.
If you’re ready to start building your LinkedIn community, start engaging regularly with prospects, and be willing to serve your audience, this episode of Video Marketing Mastery is for you!
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- The difference between LinkedIn Live and LinkedIn Events
- Why consistency on the platform is vital
- How to use "Events" to promote a broadcast
- What topics to discuss for Live vs. Events
- How to make connections and engage with your audience
Links & Resources
- Check out Russ Johns’ website and podcast here
- Follow Russ Johns and his live Pirate Broadcast on LinkedIn
- Look up hashtags #PirateBroadcast and #KindessIsCoolSmilesAreFree
- How to apply to broadcast on LinkedIn Live
- How to host an event on your LinkedIn company page
- Get access to 20 minutes of free training from Todd here
- Follow Todd and tell him you heard the show on LinkedIn!
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.