How Long Should A Video Be? (Ep. 238)
by TODD HARTLEY, on Jun 4, 2020 2:00:00 AM
Every day, I get asked, “How long should my video be?”
The truth is, it depends. It depends on what you're selling and how long it takes you to explain your product or service in the most compelling, succinct way possible.
There isn’t a magic number I can give you, but I can give you steps that will help you figure it out. First you have to decide what the GOAL of your video is. Then ask yourself:
- Who is my audience?
- What story do I want to tell?
- What type of video do I want to make?
These answers will help you decide how long your video needs to be. And if you’re worried about your video being too long, don’t be. I’m going to debunk the myth that human attention spans are short and thus require shorter videos.
On this week’s show, you’ll discover what Facebook and YouTube believe is the optimal length for video (the answer might surprise you). I’ll also share the data behind why minutes 2 through 6 are critical for retaining the audience you want. If you nail this, you will keep the right viewers watching longer, and lose the viewers that aren’t interested in your product.
So if you really think shorter videos are better, think again. Prepare to have your mind blown on this episode of Video Marketing Mastery!
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- Why there is no “one size fits all” length for a video
- How to use the power of video to make raving fans out of your clients
- A results driven approach to figure out the length of your video
- What social media platforms are saying about the length of a video
- How to micro-optimize your business using video
Links & Resources
- If you want to share this post use this easy access link
- Check out the WireBuzz remote sales page to see how we’re using video
- Follow Todd and tell him you’re listening to the podcast on Linkedin
- Gain access to our free Video ROI mini-course by signing up here
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.