Every inbound marketer has heard the excuse: “We’ve tried creating content before, but it just didn’t work for us.”
The problem is made even worse when you listen to so-called “experts” make the claim that it can take up to two years to get ROI from your content.
This just fundamentally isn’t true — if you create the right kinds of content, your sales team will feel the impact immediately and you’ll be producing assets you can use for years to come.
It all comes down to creating content that will help your sales team sell better, faster. And to do that requires alignment and cooperation between your sales and marketing teams.
Fortunately, creating the right content isn’t rocket science; anyone can do it.
In this episode of Video Marketing Mastery, you’ll find out how.
Get the episode on iTunes: http://apple.co/1XWqtgC
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How Marcus Sheridan turned his struggling pool business around by going all-in on content marketing
- How Marcus learned the inbound marketing philosophy from HubSpot
- Why there’s value in using content to “own the conversation” in your industry
- The relationship between content publishing and becoming a trusted leader in your industry
- Why Marcus believes in “they ask, you answer” as an approach for creating content
- How Marcus transitioned from selling swimming pools to founding the Sales Lion blog, where he teaches content marketing
- The story behind Marcus’s first video project and why he believes in video content
- The relationship between making videos and the perception of authority or celebrity status
- The most misunderstood aspect of inbound marketing
- How the act of producing videos helps you become a better communicator in all aspects of the sales process
- The biggest mistake Marcus sees when businesses start producing content and why you should always start with your buyers’ questions
- Why Marcus considers separate sales and marketing departments to be one of the great tragedies in business
- Why sales teams and marketing teams need to be aligned to create the right content
Links & Resources
- Marcus Sheridan’s blog: The Sales Lion
- HubSpot’s Free Inbound Marketing Certification
- Get our free Topic Selection Worksheet
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.
Latest posts by Todd Hartley (see all)
- Why Facebook and Instagram are Copying Snapchat (Ep. 80) - April 26, 2017
- How to Use Video to Protect Your Business from a Social Media Crisis (Ep. 79) - April 25, 2017
- What You Can Learn from the Rise of Video Streaming (Ep. 78) - April 19, 2017