At this point, Kickstarter and video go hand-in-hand.
Without a video, your project has only a 30% chance of reaching your funding goal.
But with a video, your odds jump up to 50%. And that doesn’t even factor in all the super low-quality videos that aren’t really making an impact.
So if you’re looking to launch a product on Kickstarter, creating a high-quality video could make all the difference.
But what makes a good Kickstarter video?
And what other things are essential if you want to reach your funding goals?
To answer these questions and more, we’ve actually got two guests on today’s show: WireBuzz’s Marcus Krieg and Aaron Ryckman, the Executive Vice President of AfterMaster, Inc.
In this episode of Video Marketing Mastery, you’ll discover how the three of us worked together to create a successful Kickstarter launch for AfterMaster TV, which later went on to win three awards at CES 2016.
Get the episode on iTunes here: http://apple.co/1RRzJi7
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- What it takes to have a successful launch on Kickstarter
- Why your Kickstarter Multimedia (images, videos) are so important
- Some of the gimmicks you should avoid
- How to organize your Kickstarter page to get the best results
- Why edgy or risque messaging doesn’t perform well on Kickstarter
- Why the first three days of your campaign are the most critical
- How the Kickstarter algorithm works — and make sure your project gets ranked as high as possible
- How reward tiers factor into your success on Kickstarter
- Why you can’t rely on Kickstarter to bring traffic to your project page
- The importance of planning your entire Kickstarter campaign before you launch it
- How PR and blogger outreach factors into your Kickstarter success
- What makes a successful Kickstarter video and why you need one
- Why the quality of your Kickstarter video is SUPER important
- How the Kickstarter culture should impact your video strategy
- How WireBuzz helped AfterMaster TV successfully launch their audio device on Kickstarter
AfterMaster’s Kickstarter Video
Links & Resources
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.