Want to know what the real job of marketers is today?
It’s to be attention hackers.
No, I don’t mean in some sneaky way. Great marketers understand how to stop their audience in their tracks, and give them just enough information to leave them wanting a bit more.
Problem is, most businesses like to overshare and dump all the information they can on their customers.
Just like an overstuffed Chipotle burrito, they cram as much as they can into a website, email, or even a video.
When you think about your customer’s journey, you need to view that journey as a series of small steps, not one giant leap.
And there’s no better way to lead them through that journey than with video.
That’s why every business — no matter the size or industry — needs all three kinds of videos in their funnel to convince and convert their prospects at every stage:
- Homepage explainer video
- Product overview video
- Testimonial video
Each one of those videos has an important part to play, and I’m breaking all three down in this episode of Video Marketing Mastery.
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- The 3 videos that every business needs in order to adapt to how customers buy
- The big problem businesses that are slow to react to growing trends are facing
- The real job marketers have today
- How to get website visitors to spend 2x the amount of time on your website
- The role of a homepage explainer video
- Why homepage explainer videos should require a bigger investment — and why that’s a good thing
- What kinds of businesses need product videos (and which ones don’t)
- The #1 scripting formula that drives the best results
- How to use video to condense the process and optimize your meetings with prospects
- The most effective video to use in the decision stage of the buyer’s journey
- Why peer-to-peer reviews push your customers through the funnel much faster
- How to use visual storytelling to show customers using your product or service in their native environment
- Why the order of how your customers engage your videos matters
- Why all video creation needs to be tied back to ROI
Links & Resources
- Gain access to our free Video ROI mini-course by signing up here
- How to Maximize the Power of Video in Your Marketing Automation Efforts (via Entrepreneur)
- The Baked Bear (Ice Cream Sandwiches)
- Pitch us a question that we can answer in a future podcast episode
- See what a @WireBuzz production looks like by following our crew across the country on Instagram
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.
Latest posts by Todd Hartley (see all)
- How Shay Rowbottom Has Generated 20 Million Video Views and 180,000 Followers on LinkedIn (Ep. 223) - February 21, 2020
- How Michaela Alexis Grew Her LinkedIn Followers to Over 156,000 (Ep. 222) - February 11, 2020
- The Art of Business Storytelling, featuring Kindra Hall (Ep. 221) - February 3, 2020