A lot of businesses use YouTube wrong — are you one of them?
Many fail to realize that there’s more to starting a channel than uploading a couple of videos once in awhile, using their channel as a dumping ground for promotional videos, and then wonder why no one’s watching.
Sure, there are over one billion people on YouTube. But no one cares about your pitch or promotion when they’re searching for something to watch. That’s not why people go to YouTube.
But if you’re ready to build an audience to generate leads, and you’re wondering if YouTube is a good place to do that, here’s what you need to consider:
- Are you willing to treat YouTube like a social network and be open to engaging with your viewers to create a sense of community?
- Will you commit to publishing videos consistently?
- Are you willing and able to be helpful, not promotional, to your audience on YouTube?
If you can’t meet those criteria, that’s okay. You may just want to use YouTube as a free hosting site to share your promotional videos on the web.
But if you think you’ve got what it takes, there’s one more big step you need to take before you start making content…
But you’ll have to watch the video to find out what that is!
In this video, you’ll learn:
- How to determine if starting a YouTube channel is right for your business
- Why coming up with a YouTube strategy is valuable
- What kind of content you should (and shouldn’t) include on your channel
If you want to learn more about starting a successful YouTube channel, download our free YouTube SEO Ebook!
Latest posts by Todd Hartley (see all)
- The Right Way to Charm & Prospect New Business using Video (Ep. 186) - January 9, 2019
- How to Create a Winning Video Marketing Strategy (Ep. 185) - January 4, 2019
- Using Video to Convert More Conference Leads into Customers (Ep. 184) - December 5, 2018