Not everyone realizes this…but YouTube is way more than just a place to share videos. It’s actually the second-largest search engine, after Google itself.
If you create engaging, quality videos for your channel, you can really benefit from the long-tail traffic that YouTube is capable of driving, but only if you optimize your videos and channel appropriately.
You can’t forget about SEO, which means understanding YouTube’s ranking factors and how to optimize for them.
So, to get you started, here are the three key metrics YouTube’s algorithm takes into account when ranking videos:
- Watch time — the amount of time someone remains on YouTube after they’ve watched your videos
- Audience retention — the average percentage of your video that viewers watch before leaving
- Links and embeds — just like regular search engines, YouTube looks at how your videos are being used and shared elsewhere online
But if you want to learn how to optimize for these three important factors, you’ll have to check out the video!
In this video, you’ll learn:
- How to optimize your videos for YouTube’s ranking algorithm
- Some of the features YouTube offers to help you properly optimize a video
- Why optimization begins long before you upload a video
Lastly, if you want to become a YouTube SEO expert, click here to download our free YouTube SEO E-Book!
Latest posts by Todd Hartley (see all)
- How Sales Team Use Video To Crush More Deals (Ep. 209) - July 18, 2019
- How sales teams need to be using video (Ep. 208) - July 11, 2019
- How To Attract Your Perfect Customer (Ep. 207) - July 2, 2019