Every business cares about word of mouth marketing because it’s the most effective form of business growth.
The problem lies in the fact that very few businesses have a strategy for it. They just assume, “oh, our customers will talk about us if we give them a great experience.”
But will they?
And if they do, what story are they telling?
My guest on the podcast is marketing expert, Jay Baer. Together, we talk about his new book, Talk Triggers: The Complete Guide to Creating Customers with Word of Mouth.
A Talk Trigger is something that you do in the operations of your business that your customers notice and tell each other about, essentially turning your buyers into volunteer marketers.
For example, the DoubleTree hotel gives away a free chocolate chip cookie to all of their customers. At WireBuzz, we give all the behind-the-scenes photos to our clients the morning after the shoot.
These little personal touches result in your customers buzzing about your brand to their friends, leaving raving reviews online, and causing a positive avalanche of publicity for your business.
Does your business have a Talk Trigger? If not, listen to this episode and discover how you can identify relevant Talk Triggers that will turn your customers into your marketing army!
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- Why being competent is not enough to generate word of mouth business
- The 5 different types of Talk Triggers and how to use them
- How the DoubleTree hotel gets 38% of their customers to proactively mention their brand to someone else
- How to test your Talk Trigger and measure their profitability
- How a restaurant in Portugal used sardines as their Talk Trigger
- How Cheesecake Factory spends 5x less in advertising than their competitors
- Why Talk Triggers must be aligned with operations
- The 2 ways Talk Triggers stop working
- How to reverse engineer your Talk Triggers instead of creating them from scratch
Links & Resources
- Jay Baer’s personal website
- Talk Triggers book on Amazon
- How to Turn Your Customers into Raving Advocates for Your Business, w/ Jay Baer (Ep. 105)
- Gain access to our free Video ROI mini-course by signing up here
- Pitch us a question that we can answer in a future podcast episode
- See what a @WireBuzz production looks like by following our crew across the country on Instagram
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.