Companies that are using social to increase website traffic are unknowingly shooting themselves in the foot.
Superplatforms like Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn will punish you for posting third-party content — like linking off to your blog, capture page, or any external website — because it violates their goal of keeping people on-site (so they can serve ads and make money).
In other words, they don’t want non-native content published on their platform. So don’t post YouTube links on Facebook, and don’t drive people off YouTube within the first few minutes of your video.
Anytime you are successful at getting people to click away from the platform, you’re hurting that content’s chance of success and you’ll be demoted in the algorithms.
So what’s the solution? Create native content.
Native content is content that’s designed for the specific social media platform it lives on. Not only is it a better experience for your audience, but you’ll also be rewarded by the algorithms with higher rankings and more exposure.
In this weeks episode, we sit down with Marcus Krieg, President of WireBuzz, and Tim Alwell, Strategist and Copywriter at WireBuzz to dive into social video and how you can stand out in the news feed.
We’ll also discuss the rising trend of influencer marketing. So hit that play button and tune into this week’s episode of Video Marketing Mastery!
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- Why you must stop thinking of social as a traffic source (and what to do instead)
- Why high-touch, high-impact strategies like webinars and live streams are worthwhile (even though they aren’t scalable)t
- How to repurpose existing content so that it’s native on different platforms
- The two sides of influencer marketing and how to use it to grow your business
- Why LinkedIn video is a powerful tool for salespeople, marketers, and business leaders
Links & Resources
- Part 1 –The Netflix Economy: How To Create Binge Worthy Buying Experiences
- Part 2 – Using Relevance in Your Binge Worthy Video Content
- Part 3 – How Branding and Direct Response are Converging
- Part 4 – The Long-Form Video Trend & Why It’s the Secret to Binge Worthy Buying Experiences
- Join the WireBuzz Insider Facebook Group here
- Gain access to our free Video ROI mini-course by signing up here
- Pitch us a question that we can answer in a future podcast episode
- See what a @WireBuzz production looks like by following our crew across the country on Instagram
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.