I see businesses make the same mistake far too often with their videos…
They define how successful their video is by views… and that’s it.
Unfortunately, views don’t tell paint the entire picture.
Sure, views definitely don’t hurt. You want a lot of people to watch your video, right? But if you want to track the true success of your video — and measure ROI — you have to look beyond how many people viewed it.
Having a clearly defined set of goals is one of the most important steps in creating videos that succeed online. Before you even write a script or hit record, your team needs to understand (and hopefully agree on) how success is going to be measured.
That’s why in this episode, I’m breaking down how to select the right video KPI’s (key performance indicators) along with specific questions you can ask to guide your next conversation with your team.
And as always, we’ll uncover all of the major news headlines that matter to video marketers.
Ready? Let’s roll!
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- About the most horrific typo of Todd’s entire career
- Who next week’s guest is, and why they’re uncovering their discoveries behind which videos rank in YouTube, and which ones rank in Google
- Why a mall in Shanghai installed glass pods for husbands who don’t want to be dragged around while their wives are shopping
- What Google is soon adding to their homepage to personalize the user experience
- Why one YouTube content creator is filing a major lawsuit against the platform
- How to dramatically improve your videos with a “less is more” approach
- Why life sciences branch of Alphabet is releasing 20 million mosquitoes in Fresno, CA
- Why people are stealing Google’s famous colorful bikes and dumping them in a local creek
- How to identify the right KPIs for your online videos
- What happened when a reality TV show film crew was robbed at gunpoint in Oakland
- Why embedding a YouTube video could hurt your website conversions (and which video player to use instead)
Links & Resources
- Wistia – WireBuzz approved video hosting service
- Gain access to our free Video ROI mini-course by signing up here
- Tweet me @TheToddHartley if you’re a new follower and want to receive a personalized video from yours truly
- Pitch us a question that we can answer in a future podcast episode
- See what a @WireBuzz production looks like by following our crew across the country on Instagram
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.
Latest posts by Todd Hartley (see all)
- Using Video to Increase Conversion Rates (Ep. 216) - November 7, 2019
- Discover How to Maximize Your Prospects Attention Span (Ep. 215) - October 8, 2019
- Why “More Leads” Might Not Be The Answer (Ep. 214) - September 20, 2019