As video marketers, you’d think that we all dream of making something that goes viral.
We want to reach the masses. We want hundreds of thousands of views, shares, and comments.
That’s when we know our video is a success…right?
Here’s why — viral videos don’t sell.
“A video won’t work because everyone watches it. It will work because the right people do, for the right reason. The occasional video viral hit has blinded us to the power of long-tail video to build the culture and change minds.” – Seth Godin
The biggest goal for video marketers should be to convert viewers into customers. To do that, you need to create something meaningful for your audience. You need to make videos that will build relationships, so that when your viewers are ready to buy, they go to you, the expert.
So how do you establish that trust and authority?
First, you need to be helpful, not viral.
To find out why, watch the video!
In this video, you’ll learn:
- Why videos with marketing or sales messages don’t go viral
- The truth behind branded viral videos
- Why businesses benefit from creating helpful videos
Latest posts by Todd Hartley (see all)
- Censorship, Bad Data, and the Future of Video in 2017 (ep. 57) - January 10, 2017
- My Video Marketing Resolutions for 2017 (ep. 56) - January 3, 2017
- The Smartest Video Marketing Trends in 2017 - December 28, 2016