Looking to create a super successful video?
These three building blocks will give you the guidance needed to create a high-performing video, the first time.
Maybe you’re creating an explainer video that educates visitors on your product or service and sits at the top of your homepage. Or, perhaps you need a testimonial video to help move prospects closer to making a purchase by building trust and overcoming common objections.
In any case, you can follow these three steps systematically to ensure the highest ROI for your video.
Building Block #1: Strategy
The strategy is like a map.
It’s the overall campaign plan that pinpoints the end destination and how to get there.
For instance, your campaign goal might be:
- Getting sign ups for your email list
- Converting leads into paying customers
- Or getting registrants for your webinar
The important thing is to define the goal first, then work backward to map out how you will achieve it.
Building Block #2: Tactics
The tactics are the actions that support the strategy, like:
- Using a specific hook at the beginning of the video to grab the viewer’s attention
- Applying a certain scripting structure to the video
- Deciding on an animated video or live action video
Building Block #3: Technique
These are the nuts and bolts that make up the video, such as:
- The lighting
- The shot selection
- The music
Without knowing the techniques, you might miss reaching your end goal.
Ready to learn more about the three building blocks of a successful video? Get the full episode below.
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How the American Red Cross is using text message marketing to collect donations for people affected by Hurricane Harvey
- The difference between non-perishable and perishable videos, and which one matters more for conversions
- How to choose the right video production partner
- The three building blocks of successful videos and the components of each
- The polarity with marketers when it comes to video marketing, and the drawbacks of each
- The best place to add a video to your blog article
- The difference between reactive marketers and early adopter marketers
- How buying trends are changing the way sales teams interact with prospects
- How to shuttle prospects through the buyer’s journey faster with video
Links & Resources
- Facebook Live with Joe Arpaio
- Gain access to our free Video ROI mini-course by signing up here
- Pitch us a question that we can answer in a future podcast episode
- See what a @WireBuzz production looks like by following our crew across the country on Instagram
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.
Latest posts by Todd Hartley (see all)
- Show & Tell: The Power of Visual Sales & Marketing Assets (Ep. 213) - September 6, 2019
- Proving Results From Video Marketing (Ep. 212) - August 29, 2019
- The Latest Development of LinkedIn Live Video (Ep. 211) - August 1, 2019