If you feel like your brand is spread too thin and you’re having trouble getting traction on YouTube, it’s probably time to niche down.
Sometimes, you want to publish content about everything you’re knowledgeable about, but this kind of content strategy prevents you from creating hyper-relevant content that speaks to your target audience.
And a watered down content strategy breaks trust with your audience, weakens your brand positioning and doesn’t add value. In short, people won’t be coming back.
The most important thing you can do on YouTube is to be the GURU within a specific niche. There are brands on YouTube right now that are absolutely killing it when it comes to niching down.
You don’t have to be a small brand to niche down. Some of the biggest brands have positioned themselves as thought leaders in very specific niches, so they can pinpoint their target audience, engage them, and convert them.
As with all things video, you need a content marketing plan. In this episode, I talk to the Senior Evangelist at vidIQ, Jeremy Vest and we break down how to grow your YouTube channel and we reveal some big brands that are getting it right already.
If you want to grow your YouTube following and make a big impact with your brand, tune into this episode of Video Marketing Mastery.
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- Why outsourcing work is a good idea every once in a while.
- How YouTube pulled hundreds of videos promoting essay-writing service EduBirdie.
- Why people won’t wear the new Version 2 of Snapchat Spectacles.
- What you can learn about your own demographics from Netflix original content ratio.
- Why original video content has the power to change businesses.
- Why you might not be able to skip some ads on Snapchat.
- Why brands should focus their channels to a certain topic.
- What a nested meta strategy is and why it matters when focusing on a certain niche.
- Which brands got their YouTube strategy right.
- How you can find a niche.
- How you can learn your target customers search intent.
Links & Resources
- See Jeremy Vest’s video on How to Find your Niche on YouTube.
- Get a free version of vidIQ’s software here.
- Click here to get a 20% discount for Video Marketing World.
- Marketing Experts to Follow:
- Gain access to our free Video ROI mini-course by signing up here
- Pitch us a question that we can answer in a future podcast episode
- See what a @WireBuzz production looks like by following our crew across the country on Instagram
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.
Latest posts by Todd Hartley (see all)
- Using Video to Convert More Conference Leads into Customers (Ep. 184) - December 5, 2018
- The Anatomy of a Perfect Customer Testimonial Story (Ep. 183) - November 30, 2018
- How Restaurants Can Grow Their Business Using Video (Ep. 182) - November 20, 2018