When you first start out in digital marketing or video marketing, you have to be a Swiss Army knife.
Let me explain.
If you’ve ever used a Swiss Army knife, then you know that it gives you the function of many tools. However, I wouldn’t consider those tools to be the best in their class.
It has a screwdriver, but it’s not the best screwdriver. And it has a knife, but it’s not the best knife.
Get what I’m saying?
Now don’t get me wrong, a Swiss Army knife can get the job done. But if you had the best individual tools for the job, then you would probably get it done faster and easier.
So what does this have to do with video production or digital marketing? Well, if you’ve been the Swiss Army knife of your digital or video marketing team, then kudos to you, but that’s not a scalable way to grow your business.
If you want to create the best quality videos you possibly can, then you need to invest in the best tools and people for the job
Which means that it’s time to retire the Swiss Army knife.
Your new arsenal of tools should include the right equipment, the right technology, and the right team members to grow and scale your business. And it that freaks you out a little bit, don’t worry because it’s not as overwhelming as it sounds.
In this episode of Video Marketing Mastery, I sit down with Kendall Matthews of Hassle Free 800 and we talk about growing your business, refining your strategy and using the right tools to get you there quicker and easier.
Plus, we’ll share the latest news in digital marketing.
So if you’re ready to trade in your Swiss Army knife for the right tools so you can grow and scale your digital marketing business, then you don’t want to miss this episode.
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- Why people are 4x more likely to watch a product video than to read about it.
- Kendall Matthews’ digital marketing tips for growing businesses.
- Why solving people’s pain points makes everything else fall into place.
- How digital marketers should monetize the strategy and delivery method.
- Why early birds get the biggest growth and how that relates to video marketing.
- How to recognize developing trends and adopt them in your industry (UberAir example)
- How Anchor is bringing its suite of mobile podcasting tools to the iPad.
- What you can learn from the Bryan Colangelo of the 76ers.
- How Facebook engineers created an AI tool that fixes people’s closed eyes in photos.
- What Instagram’s new home for longer-form video will entail and what you should do about it.
- How Domino’s Pizza’s latest promotion aligns with their broader marketing strategy.
- How social media is waning globally as a source for news.
- How to choose business technology solutions that are perfect for your needs.
- My biggest concern with using video business cards as a digital marketer.
Links & Resources
- Send an email to [email protected] to claim a free yearly subscription to Blinkest + 2 other bonuses
- Gain access to our free Video ROI mini-course by signing up here
- Pitch us a question that we can answer in a future podcast episode
- See what a @WireBuzz production looks like by following our crew across the country on Instagram
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.
Latest posts by Todd Hartley (see all)
- How An Owned Audience Can Transform Your Business (Ep. 193) - March 19, 2019
- Reviewing Vidyard’s 2019 State of Video in Business (Ep. 192) - March 12, 2019
- How to Choose Profitable Video Topics for Your Business (Ep. 191) - March 5, 2019