Video captures attention better than any other content format available to us today.
And while it’s sure to outshine a competitor’s whitepaper, is your video good enough to keep people watching?
Your audience is much more likely to watch a video than read text, but video alone isn’t enough anymore. As more brands start using video, the level of quality needed to capture and hold your viewer’s attention is increasing as well.
To stand out from your competition, you need videos that are engaging and high quality.
Fortunately, your audience isn’t expecting cinematic perfection. As long as your videos that are easy-to-follow, engaging, and concise, your viewers will happily give you a few minutes of their time.
So to help get you started, I’ve asked Kristopher Juniel to join me in sharing 12 tips to help you improve your videos and get more of your sales or marketing message heard!
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping me out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- The 12 audience retention tips you need to know about
- Why sound (not image quality) can really set you apart
- How lighting affects your audience’s attention span
- Why captions are more important than you think
- Why camera angles switch every few seconds on TV and film
- How b-roll can take your video to the next level
- Why you need to be a little over-the-top when you’re in front of the camera
- Why scripting helps improve clarity
- Why audience retention depends on the first 10 seconds of your video
- How stories and metaphors can keep listeners engaged
- Why your video should be more like an enchilada instead of a Chipotle burrito
- How to determine the ideal length of your video
Links & Resources
- Listen to Episode 71 if you want to learn who should lead the sales process
- Want to see a great example of someone dialing up their personality for video? Check out Gary V’s YouTube channel!
- Learn more about how to use b-roll in your next video production
- Get my tips for looking like a pro on-camera
- Get Stronz’s 5 tips for increasing audience retention
- Find out how to write and edit a compelling video script
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available.
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes.
If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.
Latest posts by Todd Hartley (see all)
- How An Owned Audience Can Transform Your Business (Ep. 193) - March 19, 2019
- Reviewing Vidyard’s 2019 State of Video in Business (Ep. 192) - March 12, 2019
- How to Choose Profitable Video Topics for Your Business (Ep. 191) - March 5, 2019